There are many super-easy recipes that you can make yourself that oftentimes only take minutes to create, recipes for products that we all use daily. The recipes found on our site here incorporate the use of high quality Young Living essential oils and common household ingredients – which is preferred by many because they want to know what exactly goes into the products they are using daily.
Deodorants are notorious culprits for harboring toxic ingredients, ingredients we certainly do not want absorbing into our body. Thus, the sharing of recipes like this eliminate worrying over which brand of deodorant will be the safest to use, the only way you really know is to make it yourself.
DIY Aromatherapy Deodorant Recipe
You will need:
- 1/4 cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (the solid kind)
- 15-20 drops of Young Living Essential Oil (see suggestions below*)
- 2 empty deodorant containers*
These Young Living Essential Oils make lovely scents for deodorants: Thieves, Abundance, Gentle Baby, Sensation, Spearmint, Purification, or Lavender.
- In a small saucepan, mix together baking soda, cornstarch, and coconut oil.
- Heat over low until melted and dissolved completely.
- Remove from heat.
- Add essential oil.
- Allow to cool but not harden.
- Pour mixture into empty deodorant containers – Be Cautious of Heat!
- Allow to harden.
Makes approx. 2 containers
Leave a comment saying how you liked this recipe.
To purchase Young Living essential oils and products connect with one of The Lavender Guide Distributors.
*Deodorant containers can be found at AbundantHealth.