Create your own spa getaway with these easy-to-make DIY shower bombs! The next time you need a bit of rejuvenation, toss a shower bomb in the bottom of your shower and enjoy the wonderful scent or create a collection of these homemade shower bombs as a gift for someone you love.
Create Your Own Home-Spa Getaway with Homemade Shower Bombs
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (available at health food stores or online)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 30+ drops of your favorite aromatic essential oil (see our suggestions below)
- Mix together the baking soda and citric acid in a medium-size bowl.
- In a separate small bowl or bottle, mix together water and essential oil and slowly add the oil-water mixture a few drops at a time into your dry ingredients, stirring well after each addition (a stand mixer works well for this).
- When ingredients are thoroughly mixed, tightly pack into 2-inch balls using your hands, a stainless steel cake pop mold, or a cookie scoop.
- Set on a plate to dry. If necessary, pack the balls again more tightly. Allow to dry for 12+ hours before using.
- To use, simply place a bomb near your feet under warm running water and enjoy the aromatic experience!
Additional Shower Bomb Recipe Ideas:
Morning Fresh Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata to a batch for an invigorating and fresh aromatic experience.
Orchard Stroll Shower Bombs: For a sweet, refreshing aromatic journey, add 30 drops of the blend Citrus Fresh to a batch.
Day’s End Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Lavender to a batch to enjoy a relaxing aromatic addition to your shower time.
Romantic Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of the blend Sensation to a batch for a relaxing and romantic aromatic experience.
Which Young Living essential oils will you add to your shower bombs? Let us know in the comments!