Young Living partnered with Sylvie Shirazi, of the Gourmande in the Kitchen blog, for a decadent treat that’s flavored with pure Young Living essential oils from the Vitality line. This recipe is simply perfect to impress your guests during the holidays or any time of year!
Essential Oil Infused Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles Recipe
Prep. time: 30 minutes, plus time to cool
Makes one dozen truffles
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (at least 50 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 drops Vitality Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 2 drops Vitality Ginger essential oil
- 1 drop Vitality Clove essential oil
- 1 drop Vitality Nutmeg essential oil
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- Combine the coconut oil, Yacon Syrup, coconut milk, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer (do not boil).
- Pour mixture over reserved chopped chocolate. Let stand for 1–2 minutes, and then stir gently until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the essential oils.
- Refrigerate until mixture is just set, about 2 hours.
- With a small scoop or spoon, make 12 balls, rolling each between the palms of your hands to smooth.
- Place about 1/4 cup of cocoa powder in the bottom of a shallow plate or dish. Roll each truffle in the cocoa until coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to firm and serve.
- Truffles can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 weeks; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.