There’s something very calming about candles. Plus they make very beautiful lighting that enhances everything (and everyone) around their glow. This lemon-citronella candle bowl is sure to bring as many compliments from guests as it is to help keep pesky mosquitoes away.
Beautiful, easy to make and eco-friendly, what more could you ask for!?
How To Make a DIY Lemon-Citronella Floating Candle Bowl
Supplies You Will Need:
- Glass bowl or container
- Decorations of your choice. You can use anything! (Lemon peels, orange peels, cinnamon sticks, lavender, rosemary, flower petals, river rocks, etc.)
- 20 drops Citronella essential oil
- 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- Water to top off glass bowl or container
- 1 unscented floating candle
- some fresh flower petals and herb leaves (optional)
- Gather decorations and arrange in bowl. We recommend cutting them into two-inch pieces so they don’t bunch at the top of the bowl or cause it to overturn.
- Add witch hazel, Citronella, and Lemongrass essential oil to the bowl.
- Fill in the remaining bowl space with water.
- After placing your bowl outside, top it off with the floating candle and light it to create a cozy, aromatic ambiance you and your guests can enjoy throughout the evening.
Watch the tutorial video for easy visual instruction…
Leave a comment below telling us your favorite summertime essential oil recipe?
You might also enjoy:
If you would like to become a Young Living Essential Oil member please connect with one of The Lavender Guides distributors.