Be kind to your hard-working skin! This homemade body butter recipe will leave your skin moisturized and soft, thanks to rich cocoa butter and coconut oil. We love its whipped creamy consistency that glides on smoothly and feels light to the touch.
Whipped Body Butter Recipe
You will need:
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic solid cocoa butter (do not use lotion)
- 15 drops of your favorite topical/aromatic essential oil (we love Young Living’s Cedarwood, Lavender, and Frankincense essential oils)
- Warm a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, then add coconut oil and cocoa butter.
- Melt until completely liquefied, about 4–5 minutes.
- Pour into a glass mixing bowl and place in refrigerator for 30–45 minutes to cool and just set but not harden.
- Stir in essential oils.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip until firm peaks form, about 10 minutes.
- Gently transfer to a seal-able jar or container. Store at room temperature to avoid melting or solidifying.
- Massage into dry skin!
What essential oils will you try in your batch of body butter? Share your suggestions below.